[rt-users] "Message body not shown because it is too large."

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Tue Mar 15 13:05:08 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:43:59PM -0400, Sullivan, Rob wrote:
>    I’m seeing some unusual behavior on an RT 3.8.9 system just upgraded from
>    3.6.6.  It has to do with pasting text from Outlook or Word into a ticket,
>    and results are different from browser to browser.  Results seem to be the
>    same regardless of whether we are using rich or plain text formatting.

You have to play with the folowing options ( see doc in RT_Config.pm):

=item C<$PreferRichText>

If C<$PreferRichText> is set to a true value, RT will show HTML/Rich
text
messages in preference to their plaintext alternatives. RT "scrubs" the
html to show only a minimal subset of HTML to avoid possible
contamination
by cross-site-scripting attacks.

=cut

Set($PreferRichText, undef);

=item C<$MaxInlineBody>

C<$MaxInlineBody> is the maximum attachment size that we want to see
inline when viewing a transaction.  RT will inline any text if value
is undefined or 0.  This option can be overridden by users in their
preferences.

=cut

Set($MaxInlineBody, 12000);