[rt-users] Best Place to Apply Changes to RTIR_Config.pm?

Michael Steen michael.steen at livetext.com
Thu Mar 17 21:17:14 EDT 2011

Hello All,

I have a request to get rid of the '[lookup email]' and '[lookup
"<domain>"]' links, more precisely known as the values for
@Active_MakeClicky.  I found a previous discussion (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/87540 ) of the same topic in
which Ruslan suggests editing RT_SiteConfig.pm to change the values for
@Active_MakeClicky... which was what I originally intended to do.  There is
currently no MakeClicky line in RT_SiteConfig.pm.  When I looked at
RT_Config.pm, I found:

Set(@Active_MakeClicky, qw());

This confused me for a while until I found
/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-IR/etc/RTIR_Config.pm shows:

Set(@Active_MakeClicky, qw(httpurl_overwrite ip email domain));

/Configuration.html shows the same value as the RTIR_Config.pm, which is
obviously taking precedence.  I found an article (
http://blog.securitymonks.com/2008/08/07/rtir-adding-incident-response-capabilities-to-rt/)
that says the following lines should be added to RT_SiteConfig.pm when
RTIR is installed:

$RTIR_CONFIG_FILE = "/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-IR/etc/RTIR_Config.pm";
require $RTIR_CONFIG_FILE || die ("Couldn't load RTIR config file
'$RTIR_CONFIG_FILE'\n$@");
Set(@Plugins, 'RT::FM', 'RT::IR');

The RT_SiteConfig.pm does not currently have this line, and I was unable to
find documentation describing such a line on the Wiki.  I didn't do the
installation myself, so there may be a reason for this that I am not privy
to.  It looks like the gentleman from the previous thread about MakeClicky
values ended up editing RTIR_Config.pm directly.  This would surely work,
but I'm guessing it is probably not the best practice.  So, two questions...

Will adding Set(@Active_MakeClicky, qw()); to RT_SiteConfig.pm override the
RTIR_Config.pm file?

Should the three $RTIR_Config_File... lines (above) be added to
RT_SiteConfig.pm, as well?

Thank You,

Mike