[rt-users] Command output: UNIVERSAL->import is deprecated and will be removed in a future perl

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Mar 18 09:57:35 EDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 01:55:46AM +0500, Rana Tanveer wrote:
>    I am using RT 3.8.8 and recently i upgraded my OS from FC13 to 14, and my RT is not receiving
>    mails, i am getting this error in mail log.
>
>    Mar 17 20:26:35 myhost postfix/local[32625]: 4E425320F0: to=<[1]queue1 at rt.mydomain.com>,
>    relay=local, delay=0.66, delays=0.13/0/0/0.53, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (temporary failure.
>    Command output: UNIVERSAL->import is deprecated and will be removed in a future perl at

This is just a warning, but it implies that with your new perl
version, you want a newer HTML::Formatter

>    /usr/share/perl5/HTML/Formatter.pm line 110 An Error Occurred ================= 500 Can't
>    connect to [2]rt.mydomain.com:80 (connect: Connection refused) )

This implies an error in your RT install.  Your RT log or apache error
log will contain the details of the failure

Most likely, the upgrade removed a ton of perl modules that RT needs
to function.

-kevin