[rt-users] Some advice on initial config

Nick Porter nick.porter at tradar.com
Fri Mar 18 12:31:26 EDT 2011

Hello. I've been Googling and wiki reading and following the sterling advice of others but I have to admit I'm stuck and could do with some help.

I'm on Debain Squeeze, Apache2 and RT3.8 with MySQL

I've got it the web interface up and even managed to get emails to flow from our exchange server into the general queue so I have the basics.

My problem is with the users. I've managed to get the ExternalAuth plugin to talk to AD/ldap and create privileged user but I'm having problem setting RT up so that the folks submitting emails/tickets to it can log in and see the queue and theirs/others tickets.

An email will arrive and create a ticket and create a user with *NOPASSWORD* but for the life of me I can't seem to be able to login with that user. Even is if users has the 'Let this user acess RT' check set.

Any pointers as to what I should be looking for or what common pitfall I'm encountering?

Thx.
--
np

--
Tradar Limited  is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 3431380.
Registered office: 11 Conway Street, London. W1T 6BL