[rt-users] Some advice on initial config

Nick Porter nick.porter at tradar.com
Mon Mar 21 06:33:39 EDT 2011

Okay, that makes sense. So I thought a different approach might be in order.

Instead of having ExtertnalAuth create the privileged RT support users I'd have it create and authenticate all users as none unprivileged and manually set the support users to the correct group.

The first problem I've encountered is that ExternalAuth doesn't seem to recognise the 'Domain Users' group in AD. It works fine if I explicitly add the user to the 'RT User' users group I set up from the wiki howto doc but not if I either set the 'Domain Users' group in the ExternalAuth RT_SiteConfig.pm or if I add it as a member of the 'RT Users' group. Anybody know why that might be as adding them individually to 'RT User' will be a pain.

Thx for any feedback.

-np

--
Tradar Limited  is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 3431380.
Registered office: 11 Conway Street, London. W1T 6BL