[rt-users] GPG signed/crypted files create files in /tmp

Dennis dennis_20 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 05:38:38 EDT 2011

Hi all,

We are running RT 3.8.6 on a Redhat 5.5/Apache 2.2.3 with FastCGI. We have configured RT for GnuPG support on our Support queues.

We have ran into a problem where the /tmp folder is filling up with random file names. These are all signed or encrypted messages we receive. Sending a GPG signed or encrypted message does not create these files, only received messages are in /tmp.

Disabling GPG stops the problem, it are only GPG files in the /tmp. We have used the wiki to enable GPG in the configfile. The gpg directory is accessible by the apache user. Here is the GPG part of the config file:

Set( %GnuPG,
    Enable => 1,
    OutgoingMessagesFormat =>RFC,
    AllowEncryptDataInDB   => 0,
    RejectOnMissingPrivateKey => 1,
    RejectOnBadData           => 1,
);
Set(@MailPlugins, 'Auth::MailFrom', 'Auth::GnuPG');
Set(%GnuPGOptions,
homedir => '/opt/RT/rt3/var/data/gpg','passphrase'=>'ourpassphrasehere',

# URL of a keyserver
keyserver => 'hkp://pgp.mit.edu',

# enables the automatic retrieving of keys when encrypting
'auto-key-locate' => 'keyserver',
'no-permission-warning' => undef,
'trust-model' => 'always',
# enables the automatic retrieving of keys when verifying signatures
'keyserver-options'=> 'auto-key-retrieve');

Anyone has a clue regarding those /tmp files?

Thanks!

Dennis