[rt-users] One more time, Upgrading RT from ancient version to current

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Tue Mar 22 18:39:17 EDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 1:12 AM, Simon Gao <simon.gao at schrodinger.com> wrote:
> Now populating database schema.
> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Duplicate column name 'ObjectType' at
> /wstore/www/rt3/sbin/../lib/RT/Handle.pm line 515.

I suspect that upgrade scrip tries to create a column in a table, but
it's already there. First line etc/upgrade/3.3.0/schema.mysql.

Several variants:

1) your RT is not 3.2.3 actually
2) you're trying to upgrade 3.8.9's DB by mistake in configuration
3) you attempted upgrade earlier and now your DB is somewhere between
versions 3.2.3 and 3.8.9, but you're still running 3.2.3 code on top
of it. In this case community can not help you much. You need custom
upgrade scripts, custom integrity checks and overall database audit.
Especially if you have no full logs for previouse upgrade attempt.

> Do I really need to start from RT version 3.2.3?

Yes, you do if old version is 3.2.3. All updates should be applied
incrementally starting from version you're upgrading from.

> How do I find out certain columns are already in the database?

SHOW FIELDS FROM TableName;

--
Best regards, Ruslan.