[rt-users] RT 3.8.9 Installation

Paul Fincher pfincher at ghs.com
Thu Mar 24 17:31:44 EDT 2011

Hello,

   We have been testing out RT 3.8.8 for the last couple of months on a test
machine and find that it is going to help us.  Now that we are ready to put
RT in production we are installing 3.8.9 on the production machine as we
want to have the latest bug fixes and improvements.  I am running into a
problem while initializing the database:

Working with:

Type:   mysql

Host:   localhost

Name:   rt3

User:   rt_user

DBA:    sqladmin

Now creating a mysql database rt3 for RT.

Done.

Now populating database schema.

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 'TYPE=InnoDB  CHARACTER SET utf8' at line 15 at
/usr/local/src/rt-3.8.9/sbin/../lib/RT/Handle.pm line 515.

   I knew from my 3.8.8 install that I needed to change the schema from
"TYPE=InnoDB" to "ENGINE=InnoDB" and I did that both in
./etc/schema.mysql-4.0 and ./etc/schema.mysql-4.1.  I am using mysql version
5.5.10 (I used 5.5.8 on my test machine).  Any insight would be appreciated

Regards,

Paul

Paul Fincher
Senior Engineering Support Engineer