[rt-users] Wrong date displayed

Francesco Tordini francesco.tordini at unimib.it
Thu Mar 31 08:09:02 EDT 2011

> RT will always log GMT in the logs and in the database.
But wiht RT logs written in GMT, and Apache logs in local time, we have
inconsistent log entries (in /var/log/httpd/error_log) like these:

[Wed Mar 30 15:21:21 2011] [notice] Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) configured --
resuming normal operations
[Wed Mar 30 13:21:29 2011] [info]:
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::LDAP::GetAuth External Auth OK ( LDAP ):
francesco.tordini at unimib.it
(/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm:139)
[Wed Mar 30 15:28:25 2011] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down

> Ensure that Europe/Rome is a timezone format that your operating
> system understands, otherwise RT can't convert for display in the web
> UI.
>
> -kevin

This is my /etc/sysconfig/clock (configured with redhat timeconfig script):

# The timezone of the system is defined by the contents of /etc/localtime.
ZONE="Europe/Rome"
UTC=true
ARC=false

> You don't say where you configured your timezone.  Have you actually
> configured RT's $Timezone to Europe/Rome, or just the system's timezone?
>
> Thomas
It's set in /opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm:

Set($Timezone , 'Europe/Rome');

--
Francesco Tordini

Ufficio servizi di rete