[rt-users] RT 3.8.9 -> 4.0.0 upgrade

Ross Lawrie ross at riverstyx.net
Mon May 2 12:29:37 EDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-02 at 12:10 -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> > I'm still really not seeing anything in the logs except the timeout
> > itself:
> >
> > ===
> > May  2 08:28:25 XXXXX.XXXXXX.XXX fcgi-pm[10038]: [warn] FastCGI: server
> > "/usr/share/rt4/sbin/rt-server.fcgi" has failed to remain running for 30
> > seconds given 3 attempts, its restart interval has been backed off to
> > 600 seconds
>
> If that was in your original message, I missed it. But that's your smoking gun.
>
> What happens if you run /usr/share/rt4/sbin/rt-server.fcgi by hand as the user apache runs as?
>
> As a guess, have you run rt-server as root causing var/mason_data to be unwritable by nobody/apache?

It wasn't in my original message, I didn't see it in the previous run
through. Wish I had thought to run that script as the web server, I just
assumed that since things had worked for the rt3 installation, then
things should be similar for this one -- only I'd created a new rt4 user
and forgot to setup permissions properly. Sigh. Thanks for your time on
this.

Ross.