[rt-users] Re questTracker 3.8 changing the color of "Comment" and "Respond"

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Tue May 3 09:43:54 EDT 2011

On 05/03/2011 09:23 AM, ThomasSt wrote:
> The thing i was looking for was in the nav.css found under
> home/share/html/NoAuth/css/web2. I had to add a command named
>
> div#page-navigation ul#actions-menu a
> {
> color: #FF0000;
> }
>
> Now the actions-menu is red as seen in the new file (colorchange new.jpg).
> But here begins my real problem. Actually i want to color the "Comment"
> green and "Repsond" red and leave all other options in black. Can i manage
> that through .css?

Those links don't have individual classes or ids in 3.8.  You'd need to
rely on the value of their href attributes.  Something like so:

div#page-navigation ul#actions-menu a[href*=Respond] { color: red }
div#page-navigation ul#actions-menu a[href*=Comment] { color: green }

That will only work in browsers that support the *= attribute selector,
which is ~everything except IE6 and below.

Thomas