[rt-users] Reuse RT System Saved Searches for all users

Raed El-Hames Raed.El-Hames at daisygroupplc.com
Wed May 4 09:04:14 EDT 2011

Lars:

> we stored a saved search (Tickets) in "RT System's saved searches" with
> the intention to make the search visible to all users.

"RT System Saved Searches" are only available to SuperUsers, these are the searches you include as default in home page etc etc.
I think for your purposes and if its possible for you (pending number of users etc), I would suggest you create a new generic group and add all your users as members, then make your search as the new group search.

Over here I have few generic groups, AllStaff which include all our staff, AllCustomers include our customers groups
And 3rdParty which include suppliers groups etc, having these generic groups make my life much easier when applying permissions / dashboards and saved searches etc.

Regards;
Roy