[rt-users] Messages to AdminCCs , as Cc not Bcc

Matteo Sgalaberni sgala at sgala.com
Thu May 5 00:57:40 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 02:02:17PM -0400, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> Please note that this prevents you from having a different Template
> for AdminCcs and for end users, which is why RT splits those into two
> separate notifications by default
>
> In general, I wouldn't want Requestors/Ccs to see me (as an AdminCc)
> on a ticket email, since they'll either hit Reply-All and then I get
> mail from them AND from RT or they reply directly to me, taking RT out
> of the loop.  This is why AdminCcs are Bcc'ed
Ok I completely agree with you. Follow my point of view:

You also say:

"RT splits those into two separate notifications by default". So the
notifications that are sent to AdminCC have a different template and have
as destination only AdminCCs. I remember this in my latest tests.

So, this notification should be sent not in BCC as all destinations are AdminCC
and they know each other.

What do you think?

Thanks

Matteo