[rt-users] HTTP/HTTPS bug in 4.0?

Mike Johnson mike.johnson at nosm.ca
Fri May 6 13:55:53 EDT 2011

Hi,

First, apparently I typed it wrong in the config.(added the 'd' to it).

The Wiki (http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/ManualInstallation) says

"

$WebBaseURL = "http://not.configured:80 <http://not.configured/>";

A variable used to help RT construct
URLs<http://requesttracker.wikia.com/index.php?title=URLs&action=edit&redlink=1>that
point back to RT. $
WebBaseURL<http://requesttracker.wikia.com/index.php?title=WebBaseURL&action=edit&redlink=1>is
the base of the URL. it should usually include the scheme, the host,
and
the port if non-standard.
"
That is what led me to the suggestion of setting WebBaseURL.(by the way I
tested WebBasedURL as well... that actually works,) although both of these
are probably not recommended  :D as stated by Ruslan.

I then removed the above and set WebPort to 443.

Based on Ruslan's comment, this sounds like the recommended way of doing it
:D

Thanks Ruslan.

Email: mike.johnson at nosm.ca