[rt-users] Old RT and New RT ?

aseim99 aseim.safaya at zf-uk.com
Mon May 9 06:17:31 EDT 2011

Hello we have an old RT , i think its 3.6 . Now we are planing on deploying
new one i.e 3.8.
My question is that we will like old tickets to still go to old rt system
and any tickets above 10,000 id number will go to new system. So in essence
the mail gateway or something else ? will forward tickets having id number
less that 10,000 to the old rt and anything above that will go to new rt
with new queues on new rt. Then after some time we will disable the old
system and only new one will be there , this is to avoid any downtime.
RT is a brilliant system and we are looking to use it more , but this needs
to be possible or my manager wont go ahead with the new system.
Any suggestions and helps much appreciated.
Cheers