[rt-users] Old RT and New RT ?

Steve Anderson steve.anderson at bipsolutions.com
Mon May 9 11:33:18 EDT 2011

A lot depends on how you are getting the emails into RT.

If you're doing it with just an alias and sendmail, you're going to have problems.

On the other hand, if you're using procmail, or exim mail filtering, it shouldn't be /too/ hard to do. With procmail, I think you can use a regular expression to match the 1 to 4 numbers that make up the ticket number. Then have the rest redirect to the new instance.

http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/EmailInterface
http://www.geertvanderploeg.com/node/rt_procmail.html
http://www.perlcode.org/tutorials/procmail/regular_expressions.pod

Steve Anderson