[rt-users] Old RT and New RT ?

aseim99 aseim.safaya at zf-uk.com
Tue May 10 13:00:46 EDT 2011

An update.

I just had a chat with my manager and he would like me to add some code in
rt-mailgate itself to enable ticket forwarding to old rt based upon ticket
number in the subject header of email received in the system. He does not
want to use procmail.
Example : - Subject : "hello world .....#9345". Now when this email will
come to system , rt-mailgate will see that ticket number is less than 10000
. so it will forward it to old rt i.e old url , which is stored in the
aliases.

So we need to get a funtion in rt-mailgate , which will extract ticket
number and then this can be used . I have no knowledge if perl at all. So
now you see my position.

Basically , need help to write a function in perl for rt-mailgate to extract
ticket number from the email and continue the ticket transaction with the
old rt system at old url.

Please do not tell me to look into procmail , etc coz my manager is bound
for this way only.

All help is greattttty appreciated .