[rt-users] RT 4.0.0, bulk update and autocomplete customfields

Robert Wysocki robert.wysocki at contium.pl
Wed May 11 03:48:11 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

During my test upgrade to RT 4.0.0 I'm copying our local modifications
to the new version directory tree. One of those modifications is a fix
allowing Autocomplete CustomFields to be updated by the Bulk Update
tool.
In the 3.8 versions we did it with this patch applied on
Search/Bulk.html:
*** 196,201 ****
--- 196,204 ----
  % } elsif ($cf->Type eq 'Text') {
+ % } elsif ($cf->Type eq 'Autocomplete') {
+ <td><& /Elements/EditCustomFieldAutocomplete, @add &></td>
+ <td> </td>
  % } else {
  %   $RT::Logger->crit("Unknown CustomField type: " . $cf->Type);
  % }

After applying this patch in the 4.0.0 dir tree I get an error in the
javascript error console:

Erro: a is null
https://RT_URL/NoAuth/js/squished-0250d779a57b569b917c8528747f9e45.js
Line: 7

Since I'm not an javascript expert and the js is "squished" I'm stuck...

Any ideas?

--
Robert Wysocki
CONTIUM S.A., http://www.contium.pl