[rt-users] Can't connect to old DB

Rob Munsch Munsch at phillycarshare.org
Wed May 11 10:29:11 EDT 2011

Sorry, List: I’ve read the various docs and worked on this a few days, but…

I’ve installed rt4 next to my rt3, and specified use of the rt3 database, with the same username and password.  However, going to rt.domain.com now shows me the “Hey congrats, you’ve a new RT install!  Let’s set up the database!”

On the commandline, the rt_user can connect to mysql with the password I’ve specified.  I’ve checked the config files and the correct username and mysql password are there.  I’ve followed, I thought, the updated apache instructions (and I do seem to be hitting /opt/rt4/ and not /opt/rt3/).  I’m stumped.  Is this a symptom of a common mistake, or I have done something strange?

Thanks…

Rob Munsch

IT Administrator

PhillyCarShare

215-495-1040 x131

www.phillycarshare.org

Our Vision: A Philadelphia in which non-profit car sharing exceeds the convenience, flexibility, and affordability of car ownership.