[rt-users] Can't connect to old DB

Rob Munsch Munsch at phillycarshare.org
Wed May 11 12:22:27 EDT 2011

________________________________

	From: Joshua Knarr [mailto:knarrj at gsicommerce.com]

	Oh, I misread that as "I'm trying to run these in parallel".

	What version are you upgrading from?

Oh, gotcha.  It was 3.8.8.  I dumped the old DB (and I guess if all else fails can restore that and go back using the 3.8 install), ran the upgrade script, and watched it tell me about 3.8.9, 3.9, etc, as they were applied.

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 11:57 -0400, Rob Munsch wrote:

			You know there's a bunch of schema changes between 4 and 3, right? :)

			If you pointed RT4 software at the RT3 database, the upgrade process changes the schema.

		Well, yes; part of the process is running the upgrade scripts on the database, which was done, and seemed to complete successfully.  Essentially it was a new install of RT4 into its own directory, as per instructions, giving it the rt3 db name, user, and password; the upgrade script was run against the RT3 database; then the Apache conf of the site was altered to make the RT hostname point to the rt4 docroot instead of rt3.  This seems to match the docs, yet going to the site gets a 4.0.0 web page with "Hi! No database! Tee hee."