[rt-users] SelfService users need to login twice

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri May 13 11:56:19 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 10:37:44AM -0500, ktm at rice.edu wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 10:27:05AM -0500, ktm at rice.edu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am investigating a problem with the SelfService login page where
> > unprivileged users must login two times in a row for it to succeed.
> > I found this thread:
> >
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/90794
> >
> > and I think that my issue is the same. Unfortunately, I cannot
> > find the original patch for 3.8.0 - 3.8.5 that I applied. Does
> > anyone have a copy of the patch or an idea on how to debug this.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ken
> >

> I had to make the same change to:
>
> share/html/Elements/SetupSessionCookie
>
> as described in the thread to eliminate the double login.
> Like the original thread, I am curious if there is a problem
> with this fix or a better one? I am running 3.8.5.

I'm not sure which fix you're referencing, since my sha1 in that
thread was for the 3.6 fix, which was a backport of
84022062cec889f1cabf1d4a10e28b7b66addf23 from 3.8

This was a fix for users going to http://rt.server/ and logging in and
losing the cookie when being redirected by mod_perl to
http://rt.server/SelfService/

Again, not sure what fix you applied, so it's hard to comment further.

-kevin