[rt-users] Complex question re tickets, custom fields, and queues

Alexander Finger af at genevainformation.ch
Sat May 14 09:26:24 EDT 2011

Hi Brandon,

the first obvious idea would be to grant access based on custom field
values, which is not possible.

Another option would be to use a Queue per Location, having the
disadvantage of spreading tickets over multiple queues.

A third option would be to create child tickets automatically, based
on the custom field value (and update/close the master ticket by using
the parent/child relationship). I think that's doable and would work
in the case as you describe it.

rgds
Alex

--