[rt-users] RT 4 - install on Debian Squeeze

Nick Kartsioukas change+lists.rt at nightwind.net
Wed May 18 17:12:17 EDT 2011

On Wed, 18 May 2011 23:08 +0200, "Alexander Finger"
<af at genevainformation.ch> wrote:
> If you want to keep your install clean, try to install the necessary
> modules using apt-get instead of using fixdeps.

For our RT install, I found some Perl packages were too old or missing
from Debian repositories, so I built my own packages.  Install
dh-make-perl and devscripts, grab and unpack all the needed Perl module
source archives, then:
dh-make-perl Perlmodule-source/
cd Perlmodule-source
debuild -us -uc

Now you have a .deb package you can install.