[rt-users] How you manage cc.

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Tue May 24 17:35:55 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 1:25 AM, Albert Shih <Albert.Shih at obspm.fr> wrote:
>  Le 25/05/2011 à 01:20:30+0400, Ruslan Zakirov a écrit
> Hi,
>

>> Here is an idea to consider. Trick MTAs into suppressing recipients in
>
> Wouah...that's nuclar-bomb solution ;-) I'm not sure I'm ready for this
> kind of solution ;-)

Yep, it's radical.

Smart usage of "In-Reply-To" and "References" headers to tie incoming
message to a ticket is less painful and safer.

>> case RT gets email. May be at the end it would be trickier than just
>> that. It might work and help with users who send emails via inhouse
>> servers.
>
> event in this case how can I tell RT to add the other recipients to the CC(in
> RT meaning ? ).

Option called ParseNewMessagesForTicketCcs (or something very close).
Wiki has info on extending functionality to work on follow up messages
(replies and comments).

--
Best regards, Ruslan.