[rt-users] How you manage cc.

Mike Johnson mike.johnson at nosm.ca
Mon May 30 11:50:59 EDT 2011

Hi Albert,

I thought up a way you could stop some of the chaos that occurs... but this
involves a shift in how tickets are created.

Form based ticket submission and a hidden RT ticket creation email address -
have a seperate email address that actually creates tickets and only allow a
form email that address... so end-users can't email it directly, have
end-users email another address... and that address check for the RT tag in
the subject... if it doesn't find it, dump the email and reply to the
end-user saying they have to fill our your form.

Not really an out-of-the-box way of doing it, but it would get the job
done...

Maybe this will spark some ideas on a better way...

Good luck!
Mike.

--
Mike Johnson