[rt-users] Custom per queue views

Samuel Leslie samuel.l at impos.com.au
Wed Nov 2 00:16:14 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

We've recently implemented RT as our issue tracking system and are in the
process of customising it to make it fit snugly with our internal
procedures. We've defined several queues, and all of these queues define
various custom fields related to the queue. Many of these custom fields are
critical to the tickets in the queue itself, in that they define basic but
essential information about the ticket, and so, what we'd really like to do
is have various custom fields displayed in the default queue summary of
open/resolved/stalled. Where it gets a little more tricky is what custom
fields are displayed will need to be different per queue.

Does RT provide a mechanism to do this? I know that I can define search
critera, sorting and displayed columns in the Query Builder and save the
query, but I can't find a way to set a given saved query as the default for
a queue. I can also see an option to configure the custom fields displayed
in all queues: $DefaultSearchResultFormat; but this isn't really applicable
I think to custom fields defined per queue (even if some exist in multiple
queues)?

Apologies in advance if I've overlooked something obvious; 95% of the
functionality seems to already exist, it's just that last step to make the
defined query the default that remains!

Best regards,

Samuel Leslie