[rt-users] Rights and permissions

Dr Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Nov 2 05:40:49 EDT 2011

On 1 Nov 2011, at 20:45, Zoedog wrote:

> I need to get some better advice for this subject.
>
> Super user, we assume having this privilege supersedes all rights and
> privileges, is this correct statement.

I believe so.

> Group rights and individual rights. Do the group rights supersede individual
> rights and privileges or is it the other way around.

Neither - they act like a logical OR.  If a user has a right, through either an individual right or a group right, then they will have that right.  I basically avoid using individual user rights altogether; on anything beyond a very small setup it becomes unmanageable.  I always create an admincc group for each queue, for example, and give users rights to that queue by changing their group membership.

Tim