[rt-users] RT4 - mod_perl problem with apache2

Carlos Ramos carragom at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 14:39:55 EDT 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Kevin Falcone
<falcone at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 10:13:40AM -0600, Carlos Ramos wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 1:44 AM, Nehmer Torben <torben.nehmer at cancom.de> wrote:
>> > Good morning,
>> >
>> > we had the same problem here, disabling the GPG Stuff made the segfaults go away.
>>
>> Thanks a lot for the answer, this solves the problem. I just ran
>> "./configure" again without "--enable-gpg" and then "make install".
>> Since I'm not actually using GPG this will do it. As a side note the
>> GPG modules are still installed on the system, so disabling the
>> functionality in the configure script is enough to fix this issue.
>
> Unless you added Enable => 0 to your config, I'm not entirely sure how
> that would fix it.  By default, RT installs with it enabled and then
> disables it at runtime.  Did you rerun with --disable-gpg or did you
> just leave off --enable-gpg
>
> -kevin
>
> --------
> *  Barcelona, Spain — November 28 & 29, 2011

This was the configure script I was using:
"./configure --enable-graphviz --enable-gd --enable-gpg
--with-web-user=www-data --with-web-group=www-data --with-db-type=Pg
--with-web-handler=modperl2"

All I did was change it to:
"./configure --enable-graphviz --enable-gd --with-web-user=www-data
--with-web-group=www-data --with-db-type=Pg
--with-web-handler=modperl2"
and the problem disappeared.

As per the configure script help:
"--enable-gpg            Turns on GNU Privacy Guard (GPG) support"
it does not look like it's on by default so by not providing
"--enable-gpg" should turn gpg off. But if indeed is on by default and
I have to use "--disable-gpg" to disable it, then I have no idea why
the problem went away, maybe it will reappear later. I would hate
that.

--
Carlos Ramos