[rt-users] RT4 - mod_perl problem with apache2

Carlos Ramos carragom at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 11:40:12 EDT 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 8:55 AM, Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com> wrote:

>> > Were you actually using gpg, or did you just have the perl modules installed and that
>> > was enough to cause segfaults?
>>
>> I have installed RT out of the box using Debian Packages which as far
>> as I can see pulls all necessary dependencies into the system. RTs GPG
>> configuration was on the defaults in RT_Config.pm, no changes are made
>> by the deb. Once I disabled GPG as outlined in the docs (Enable =>
>> undef), the problem disappeared.
>
> So, is this a problem with the Debian packages, or do folks have
> source installs of 4.0.2 on Debian that are having segfaults?
>
> -kevin
>
> --------
> *  Barcelona, Spain — November 28 & 29, 2011

I have a source install myself on a Debian Squeeze system, not using
the RT package that comes with Debian. And this is my GPG
configuration on System Config:

GnuPG {
          'RejectOnBadData' => 1,
          'Enable' => 0,
          'RejectOnMissingPrivateKey' => 1,
          'AllowEncryptDataInDB' => 0,
          'OutgoingMessagesFormat' => 'RFC'
}

GnuPGOptions {
          'homedir' => '/opt/rt4-pgsql/var/data/gpg'
}

I do have the gpg perl modules installed and I do have the gpg
executable in my path:

~$ which gpg
/usr/bin/gpg

~$ make testdeps
GPG dependencies:
        PerlIO::eol ...found
        GnuPG::Interface ...found

So again, I'm inclined to think that without the "--enable-gpg"
configure flag, GPG is disabled by default. No more segmentation
faults so far.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Ramos