[rt-users] Can I grant GroupA privilege to reset passwords for GroupB?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Nov 3 13:13:27 EDT 2011

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 12:02:10PM -0700, Brian Dugay wrote:
>    I have RT 3.8.4.  One of the groups has asked me if a few members could be given the privilege
>    to reset passwords for all the members in the group.  Thus far in my reading, I have not been
>    able to find a way to do this.  Only thing I have found is
>    the [1]http://search.cpan.org/dist/RT-Extension-ResetPassword/.  By the way, we are currently
>    using RT's internal authentication, (no external auth).

Hi Brian

Unfortunately, you can't grant AdminUsers on a Group level.  So you
could say that a Group can AdminUsers (which includes resetting
passwords) for all users, but not just for a subset.

This does seem like something that would be useful, but I'm not sure
how much it would complicate the already complex ACL checks.

-kevin