[rt-users] Lifecycle Question

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Nov 3 13:26:33 EDT 2011

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 04:53:40PM +0100, Nehmer Torben wrote:
>    Is it possible to adjust the default lifecycle without having to overwrite it completely? What
>    I simply want to have are a few changed actions (basically we want responses on Resolve, not
>    Comments). Now I don't want to overwrite the entire Lifecycle to keep things simple. Is this
>    possible?

You can copy just default => { } and leave approvals in RT_Config.pm,
but you do need to copy all of default in order to modify it.

You can also add a new lifecycle without copying default from
RT_Config.pm into RT_SiteConfig.pm

To summarize, there's a very simple merge algorithm, but it only
happens at the top level.

-kevin