[rt-users] Adding users

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Mon Nov 7 09:46:18 EST 2011

On 11/06/2011 07:11 PM, Jim T wrote:
> I have to add about 80 users to RT. These will be unprivileged users
> that will use the SelfService link to create tickets. I have succesfully
> imported the users directly into MySQL on a test system with phpMyAdmin.
> However I can't find where to "Allow this user to access RT" in any of
> the db fields. Does anybody know how I can achieve this?

As others have said, but I want to stress: don't users directly in the
DB.  Besides flags like Disabled, you'll also probably miss the acl
equivalence group, group membership records, cached group membership
records, etc.  Things will behave very poorly with that information
missing.  If you've already done this on a production system where you
can back out the changes, please run rt-validator which may be able to
fix some of the problems.

Thomas