[rt-users] upgrade mysql schema problem in rt4

Francesc Guasch frankie at telecos.upc.edu
Tue Nov 8 07:13:41 EST 2011

Hi. I am trying to upgrade to rt4.

rt4 is in debian squeeze, db is a mysql 5.1.49-3 (Debian).

I'm stuck upgrading the database. I am trying to upgrade from
an old mysql 4.0.24.

perl etc/upgrade/upgrade-mysql-schema.pl

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at
etc/upgrade/upgrade-mysql-schema.pl line 442.

I think the problem comes from this query returning empty:

mysql> SELECT CHARACTER_MAXIMUM_LENGTH, CHARACTER_OCTET_LENGTH FROM
information_schema.COLUMNS WHERE     TABLE_SCHEMA = 'rt4' AND TABLE_NAME   =
'ACL' AND COLUMN_NAME  = 'RightName';

yes, this is in mysql-5.1.

I dumped the original rt3 DB, but I had no way to tell the character set
to mysqldump. I restored with --default-character-set=binary
and mysql character-set to Latin1.

any hints ? thank you for your help.