[rt-users] ExternalAuth, local users, and upgrade woes

Izz Abdullah Izz.Abdullah at hibbett.com
Tue Nov 8 14:11:46 EST 2011

No, I haven’t.  It makes sense to me that the old authentication was local (mysql) and the new authentication is external (LDAP for example) that if the username is the same, you should be able to use either.  It doesn’t make sense, however, that it requires the local password for administration (enter current password: ).
I also didn’t submit a bug report, because the installation here was so messed up, I wasn’t sure it wasn’t just local until someone else just now asked about it. ☺

But yeah, setting the password = ‘’ actually forces the external authentication (trying to login with a blank password does NOT work).