[rt-users] ExternalAuth, local users, and upgrade woes

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Nov 9 10:47:53 EST 2011

On Wed, November 9, 2011 7:34 am, Izz Abdullah wrote:
> This is exactly the scenario here.  Except, the old MySQL accounts, I can
> login with either the MySQL credentials or the LDAP credentials (note the
> username is the same for both by convention for us).  If you want to use
> MySQL login, did you add that as a secondary path of authentication in
> your SiteConfig file?  I didn't want this option, but seems like when
> using ExternalAuth, if you wanted to allow local login / MySQL, you have
> to configure that as well in the config file.  I could be wrong.\

The local user/LDAP user thing worked fine when we tested 4.0 (built from
scratch).  We could create local users and autocreate LDAP users.

We use the same SiteConfig file for the migrated 3.8->4.0 database, and
the users don't work correctly.

I'm trying to get phpmyadmin working right now so I can look at the tables
and see what's going on.  (Another story; apache is being subborn but
that's not for this list.)