[rt-users] RT 4.0.3 - Email templates are not parsed

Jim.H.Berry at frb.gov Jim.H.Berry at frb.gov
Thu Nov 10 13:46:40 EST 2011

Hi

I believe this is the same issue reported by  Francesc Guasch
<frankie at telecos.upc.edu>.  We upgraded from 3.8.10 to 4.0.3.  Email is
sent as expected via our scrip, but our template is not parsed, so that we
see {$Ticket->Subject}.  Earlier I had upgraded from 3.8.10 to 4.0.2 but
did have this issue.

The logs show: [warning]: Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Template.pm line 410.  which is

 if ($self->Type eq 'Perl') {
        return $self->_ParseContentPerl(

Could it be that $self->Type is not getting set?  When looking at the
template thru the admin interface, the Type: Perl radio button is checked.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Jim Berry