[rt-users] Autocreate unprivileged users

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Nov 15 18:00:42 EST 2011

I have 4.0.2 set up to autocreate privileged users authenticated through
LDAP.

I'm pretty sure I had 3.8.10 set up to autocreate unprivileged users who
did not authenticate through LDAP.  I can't figure out how to do this in
4.0.2.

In other words, the functionality I need is:

A user tries to log on, RT authenticates him through LDAP, and the user is
created as privileged.  This works.

An unknown user sends email in to the system, either in reply to an
existing ticket or to one of the queues we have set up for external
interaction.  The system should accept the email and autocreate the user
as unprivileged.  This gets rejected with

"RT could not load a valid user, and RT's configuration does not allow for
the creation of a new user for this email [email follows]"

How do I do this?  I can't find a setting for this.

--
Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year,
but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If