[rt-users] Logging query terms in RT

Jeffery, Guy Guy.Jeffery at baesystemsdetica.com
Wed Nov 16 05:42:05 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm supporting an instance of RT, and have a requirement to log all queries made in RT by our users, including all terms used to create the query.

I can capture the terms used in Simple Searches as part of a POST request within the Apache logs, so that problem is solved.

But I can't find any mechanism for logging the terms used to build more complex queries in the Query Builder. I've turned on the Statement log, and all other logging, at 'info' level. However, RT still doesn't capture the information I need. The only place I've found this information stored at all is within the a_session longblob in the sessions table on the database - but it's not that nice to extract the individual terms from that. I've also looked on the Wiki and the forums without luck.

Is there anything I'm missing here, or will this involve some customisation?

I'm using version 3.8.9, on a MySQL version 5.1.52.

Many thanks in advance,

Guy

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.

Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised signatory.

The contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies under the control of BAE Systems plc details of which can be found at http://www.baesystems.com/Businesses/index.htm.

Detica Limited is a BAE Systems company trading as BAE Systems Detica.
Detica Limited is registered in England and Wales under No: 1337451.
Registered office: Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YP, England.