[rt-users] Categories are based on... How to handle the same value for multiple parent categories

Jim Lesinski jim.lesinski at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 09:12:26 EST 2011

Just a final note on this - After doing some more investigation, it seems
that while Request Tracker doesn't restrict you from creating 2 (or more)
drop down values at the same level with the same string value, it also
does't use the record ID to filter subsequent drop downs either. - it uses
the string value to filter subsequent values. This means if you have 3
fields that filter you end up with a mess of child values that may not
relate to the parent value anyway.

So it seems that adding a prefix or suffix to the text of the drop down
value is the only way to achieve what I had wanted.

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Josh Narins <jnarins at seniorbridge.com>wrote:

> The array of names is get-at-able with "keys %seen"

>>> Fax: (212) 994-4260