[rt-users] steal ticket -> not sending email

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Nov 21 10:13:58 EST 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 04:42:56PM +0000, Ronen_Amity at DELL.com wrote:
>    Hi all,
>

>    I am using RT 4.0.3 on CentOS 5.6
>
>    When we try to steal a ticket, we don't get a notification.

Stealing a ticket means that you're now the owner.  I assume you have
$NotifyActor set to the default of 0 in your config.  Since you stole
the ticket, RT won't email you to tell you about the change.

It sounds like you want to notify the previous owner, which means you
may want
http://search.cpan.org/dist/RT-Extension-NotifyOwners/lib/RT/Extension/NotifyOwners.pm
and another scrip to notify Requestors on Owner Change.

-kevin