[rt-users] REST request problem

Hugo Escobar hescobar at afslc.com
Tue Nov 22 17:17:51 EST 2011

We've been successfull integrating a web application (based on cakephp) to
RT via REST.

Here is a list of what we have accomplished with our integration:

-. user creation on RT on demand (users exist in our web app, they are
created in RT when needed.)
-. creating tickets in different queues with custom fields.
.- presenting a summary of ticket information as result of querying RT
using custom field values as search criteria.
-. adding/viewing ticket correspondence, ticket history and other details
(requestor, creation date, last update timestamp, etc).

There's one thing though that is still preventing us from going live.
Sometimes the requests take too much time to respond. It's kind
of random, so no pattern that could lead us to locate the problem. We tried
disabling devel mode (RT_SiteConfig.pm).

The rt log shows nothing in particular except for this entry:

[Tue Nov 22 17:11:58 2011] [error] [client 10.0.10.158] FastCGI: server
"/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server.fcgi" stderr: [Tue Nov 22 22:11:58 2011]
[warning]: Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Tickets.pm line 1614.
(/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Tickets.pm:1614)

It's worth mentioning that at that line, there's this clause:
if ( $cf->Type eq 'DateTime' && $op eq '=' ) {

We used Data::Dumper to see what came out of $cf and there seems to be no
'Type' attribute.

We are running RT v4.0.2 on CentOS 5.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

--