[rt-users] The RT Wiki - Restructure (start using categories?)

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Wed Nov 30 12:48:38 EST 2011

Hi,

Idea is good. Here are some ideas about categorizing and where people
with MediaWiki experience can help kickstart content improvements.

I think good and easy point to start is to organize installation guides.

There are lot of pages that are sort of user profiles. They should get
particular category, for example OldStyleUserProfile. Some of them are
linked from http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/RTUsers. May be we
can replace this page with generated page that links to wikia's user
profiles.

User Manual is a special beast. It should be continuous reading and at
the same time splitted into smaller topics. I believe MediaWiki has
some tools to include content of pages into other pages.

Every config option and right should get a page matching its name,
however they should get included into other blocks. For example
WebDomain, WebPath, WebPort and couple of options should be described
as one thing. For example OwnTicket and ownership related rights
should be described as one thing. I don't know media wiki best
practices to organize such thing.

FAQ may win from better structure. At this moment it's not very managable.

There are more, but enough for today. I think that if you find a good
solution for some particular problem and describe how it should be
done then people would help you clean cages and normalize content.
Just split things into smaller steps.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.