[rt-users] Upgrade 3.8.1 -> 4.0.2: Login problem

Gino Lisignoli gino.lisignoli at opus.co.nz
Sun Oct 2 17:29:39 EDT 2011

Hello

I'm having login problems with my upgrade from 3.8.1 to 4.0.2.
I have followed the installation instructions, gotten all the cpan
packages, configured and built 4.0.2 successfully.

Then I have run the upgrade,
/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-setup-database --prompt-for-dba-password --action upgrade
Cleared the mason cache dir
etc/upgrade/vulnerable-passwords

But no existing users can login. If I can manually reset the passwords
in the pgsql database then I'm not too worried about loosing the
passwords, but what encoding method do I need to use to reset them with.

Could this be an ldap problem? I tried looking through the logs but none
are being generated in /opt/rt4/var/log

--
Gino Lisignoli
System Administrator
Gino.Lisignoli at opus.co.nz
Tel +64 4 471 7209, Mobile +64 21 982 112 Ext 8209
http://www.opus.co.nz
Level 9 Majestic Centre, 100 Willis Street, PO Box 12343, Wellington, New Zealand