[rt-users] Mobile UI differences versus full web interface

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Oct 3 10:05:52 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 01:21:43PM -0500, Susan McClure wrote:
> (RT 3.8.5 with Apache SSL)
>
> 1) The Mobile Quicksearch box will not find any resolved tickets.
>
> Our full web interface will return resolved tickets in the Quick Search
> box  (we don't have any modifications to share/html/Elements/Quicksearch
>  ==>  local/html/Elements/Quicksearch; as per the QuickSearch Wiki
> item).  The mobile interface returns
> 0 results when you enter a resolved ticket number in the QuickSearch box.

I can't replicate this on 4.0 (which has the Mobile UI built in and a
number of Simple Search enhancements).  However, the default in 3.8.5
was not to return resolved tickets, so I assume you have a callback or
other local modification to introduce that behavior.

> 2)  Mobile interface doesn't allow you to edit any attributes.
> The Mobile interface
> gives you a "basic" view of any ticket, but unlike the full web
> interface, you can't
> change any of the attributes (like Subject, status, Queue, Priority etc)

I don't believe that attribute editing is currently a feature of the
Mobile UI.  We'd take patches to add the functionality.

> 3) Mobile interface doesn't know you Signature, as defined in your RT
> preferences.
>
> The signature you defined in your RT preferences, is not used for
> comments or
> correspondence through the mobile interface. Can it be used?

This sounds like a bug, can you report it to the bug tracker?

-kevin