[rt-users] How do I modify Quicksearch view on 4.0.2?

Elliot Finley efinley.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 18:03:26 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 02:38:50PM -0600, Elliot Finley wrote:

>> > There's a config option for that these days, just search for Simple in
>> > etc/RT_Config.pm
>>
>> The only place in etc/RT_Config.pm that 'Simple' occurs is:
>>

>> =item C<$OnlySearchActiveTicketsInSimpleSearch>
>>
>> When query in simple search doesn't have status info, use this to only
>> search active ones.
>>
>> =cut
>>
>> Set($OnlySearchActiveTicketsInSimpleSearch, 1);
>>
>> I changed this to 0 and restarted apache, and Quicksearch still only
>> shows 'new', 'open' and 'stalled'.
>
> Oh, you want to change the list of Queues and statuses, which for some
> historical reason is completely misnamed Quicksearch?
>
> The simplest solution is almost certainly going to be to override
> Quicksearch and pass all the desired statuses into
> QueueSummaryByLifecycles

Okay, so I think I figured out how to do this but I ran into a different snag.

I copied share/html/Elements/Quicksearch to
local/html/Elements/Quicksearch to do the override, but now I get:

'Odd number of parameters passed to component expecting name/value
pairs' on my 'RT at a glance' page where the Quicksearch component
would normally appear.

This is without changing ANY code, just copying the file.

Am I doing the override wrong or did I hit a bug?

Thanks,
Elliot