[rt-users] How do I modify Quicksearch view on 4.0.2?

Elliot Finley efinley.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 18:55:45 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Ruslan Zakirov <ruz at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 12:03 AM, Elliot Finley <efinley.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Oh, you want to change the list of Queues and statuses, which for some
>>> historical reason is completely misnamed Quicksearch?
>>>
>>> The simplest solution is almost certainly going to be to override
>>> Quicksearch and pass all the desired statuses into
>>> QueueSummaryByLifecycles
>>
>> Okay, so I think I figured out how to do this but I ran into a different snag.
>>
>> I copied share/html/Elements/Quicksearch to
>> local/html/Elements/Quicksearch to do the override, but now I get:
>>
>> 'Odd number of parameters passed to component expecting name/value
>> pairs' on my 'RT at a glance' page where the Quicksearch component
>> would normally appear.
>>
>> This is without changing ANY code, just copying the file.
>>
>> Am I doing the override wrong or did I hit a bug?
>
> Show more context. You've changed something, use `diff -u original
> new_file` to see the difference. May you copied file from older
> version?

lifecycle root:local/html/Elements#>pwd

/usr/local/rt/rt-4.0.2/local/html/Elements

lifecycle root:local/html/Elements#>cp
../../../share/html/Elements/Quicksearch .

lifecycle root:local/html/Elements#>/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22
restart
                                       Performing sanity check on
apache22 configuration:
Syntax OK
Stopping apache22.
Waiting for PIDS: 61075.
Performing sanity check on apache22 configuration:
Syntax OK
Starting apache22.

lifecycle root:local/html/Elements#>ls
./              ../             Quicksearch

lifecycle root:local/html/Elements#>diff -u
../../../share/html/Elements/Quicksearch Quicksearch

brand new copy, no difference from original, yet I still get 'Odd
number of parameters passed to component expecting name/value pairs'
in place of the 'Quick search' component on the 'RT at a glance' page.
 If I delete this newly copied file, the 'RT at a glance' page goes
back to normal.

This is with a fresh rt-4.0.2 install.