[rt-users] How do I modify Quicksearch view on 4.0.2?

Elliot Finley efinley.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 19:31:34 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 5:09 PM, Ruslan Zakirov <ruz at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Elliot Finley <efinley.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Show more context. You've changed something, use `diff -u original
>>> new_file` to see the difference. May you copied file from older
>>> version?
>>
>> lifecycle root:local/html/Elements#>pwd
>>

>> /usr/local/rt/rt-4.0.2/local/html/Elements
>>
>> lifecycle root:local/html/Elements#>cp
>> ../../../share/html/Elements/Quicksearch .
>>
>> lifecycle root:local/html/Elements#>/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22
>> restart
>>                                       Performing sanity check on
>> apache22 configuration:
>> Syntax OK
>> Stopping apache22.
>> Waiting for PIDS: 61075.
>> Performing sanity check on apache22 configuration:
>> Syntax OK
>> Starting apache22.
>>
>> lifecycle root:local/html/Elements#>ls
>> ./              ../             Quicksearch
>>
>> lifecycle root:local/html/Elements#>diff -u
>> ../../../share/html/Elements/Quicksearch Quicksearch
>>
>> brand new copy, no difference from original, yet I still get 'Odd
>> number of parameters passed to component expecting name/value pairs'
>> in place of the 'Quick search' component on the 'RT at a glance' page.
>>  If I delete this newly copied file, the 'RT at a glance' page goes
>> back to normal.
>>
>> This is with a fresh rt-4.0.2 install.
>
> Turn on DevelMode to get more info in the browser and send us error
> with stack traces. Without stack trace it's hard to believe that the
> same file works differently in different mason's roots.
>
> Make sure that path you copy from is actually the right one. Use
> "System Configuration" in the Web UI for that.

Okay, it gets even weirder.  You didn't believe me before... for sure
you're not going to believe me now...

leaving the newly copied local/html/Elements/Quicksearch there
(unchanged) and setting:

Set($DevelMode, "1");

The error goes away and the 'RT at a glance' page displays normally.
Making only one change:

Set($DevelMode, "0");

The error comes back.

What now?