[rt-users] Limit Ticket History View to Correspondence and Create only

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 4 10:11:10 EDT 2011

Izz Abdullah wrote:
> I want to implement this exact setting for unprivileged users.  We do not have any special callbacks, and therefore don't have a directory structure like:
> /opt/rt3/local/html/Callbacks/mococo/Ticket/Elements/ShowHistory/SkipTransaction (we're using RT4.0.2, but the /opt/rt4/local/html directory is completely empty)

Create the directories needed and put the file in. Stop your webserver,
clean your mason cache and restart your webserver and the transactions
should be gone.
> My question again is where would I put the SkipTransaction code from below, and from where, and I guess how, would I call it?  I'm not familiar with implementing Callbacks, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Callbacks are called from RT code, you don't have to add the callback
hooks, only the code must be there to be executed

There is also an extension that does something like it through personal
prefs and a system wide default you can supress transactions.
RT-Extension-HistoryFilter

Regards,

Joop