[rt-users] Not precisely sure how to do this ... guidance and clues requested

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Tue Oct 4 15:56:28 EDT 2011

Hi folks

   We are using RT (3.8.7 right now) for ticketing.  Mostly for email
for our customers.  We'd like to give them web access, but we want to
make sure that users can only see either "public" tickets or their own
tickets.

   Not sure how to do this.  We've RTFMed a number of times, played with
adding groups, and other things.  In the end, we keep running into web
users seem to be granted all rights to see everything regardless of how
they are created.

   Has anyone done anything like what I am indicating?  Is there a howto
somewhere on this?  Or is RT philosophically against the concept (and
therefore I shouldn't ask the question, sort of like the deleting users
issue).

   Thanks in advance.

Joe

--