[rt-users] Read requestor user CF and write the value into a ticket CF

ktm at rice.edu ktm at rice.edu
Wed Oct 5 10:08:37 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 03:31:32PM +0200, Bart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For users we've added an extra CF which is an autocomplete field containing
> a list of roughly 450 organisations that we work with. We had to make a
> separate CF for this in order to help our users a little, saves typo's and
> makes adding an organisation to a user easy. So basically we're ignoring the
> RT default Organisation field and have a separate CF for this purpose.
>
> The second thing we now want is to show that organisation name (the one in
> the organisation CF) in our tickets, so that we can make nice reports based
> on that information.
> This is where I'm stuck, I can't seem to figure out how to read the CF for a
> requestor (or any user) and thus am unable to write the value into a ticket
> CF.
>
> I know how to read and write into ticket CF's, but I have no clue on how to
> read information from a requestor of a ticket.
>
> Reading information from a tidcket CF:
>
> $self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('Custom Field Name');
>
> Writing information into a ticket CF:
>
> $self->TicketObj->AddCustomFieldValue(Field => 'Custom Field Name', Value =>
> $my_owner);
>
> Or, instead of a variable use a fixed value between single quotes.
>
> I also know that this piece of code gets a ticket requestor e-mail address:
>
> my $requestor_address = $self->TicketObj->RequestorAddresses;
>
> But thats about as far as I'm able to get....
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction for this one?
>

> -- Bart

Hi Bart,

If I am understanding your question, you want to be able to script
reading/writing User custom fields. It happens that I have hit the
same stumbling block. It is easy to update Ticket custom fields, but
I would like to do the same with User CFs. The only thing that looks
like it would work is RT::Record, ugh. I hope that someone has a
better option... patch for REST, the RT CLI...? Any help would be
appreciated.

Regards,
Ken